The International Conference on
'Modern Transformations and the Challenges of Inequalities in Education in India'
Department of History, Delhi University
in collaboration with
Ramjas College, Delhi University
National Multilingual Education Resource Consortium, Jawaharlal Nehru University
& with cooperation from
Department of Social Work, Delhi University
Venue: Auditorium, Department of Social Work, Delhi University, (North Campus), Delhi 110007.
Dates: 27th-29th November, 2014
Indian Council of Historical Research
Indian Council of Social Science Research
Delhi University & UNICEF
The conference broadly deliberated upon the following areas:
- History of education and Struggle for Equality;
- Education and Neoliberalism: Historical roots and Contemporary Perspectives;
- Curricular Knowledge and Natural and social Sciences: Colonial Trajectories and Contemporary Perspectives and Transformations;
- Questioning the Curricular Divide: The Context of Arts and Physical Education;
- Language and inequality;
- Perspectives on Exclusion and Education: Class, Caste, Tribal and Other Socio-Religious Groups; Gender and Disability;
- Teachers and Teacher Education: The Question of Transformation;
- Visions of Counter Hegemony: Resources for Reconstructing Education.
For details, please see—